Urban One’s Investment Management Services include:
Urban One specializes in projects that have development, entitlement, and/or construction components that require highly skilled development managers. With the current real estate environment, many firms cite expertise in these areas but they lack the experience and foresight needed to control the construction process to maximize returns for property owners, institutional investors, and private equity partners. Urban One’s development, construction, and urban planning focus gives us a distinct advantage when managing and developing complex projects, and we are positioned to leverage our knowledge to generate value on projects throughout the development cycle — from preliminary feasibility studies and acquisitions, to sales and disposition.
As such, we offer investment management services to clients who are initiating feasibility studies, acquiring and entitling land, repositioning assets, investing in joint-ventures, or redeveloping existing buildings. Urban One’s Investment Management Services include the following:
- Property / Project Selection – assistance in identification of potential projects in our local trade area. Urban One can leverage its strong relationships with local government organizations and property intermediaries to facilitate potential transactions. We find that projects benefit from the strategic advice Urban One provides on structuring acquisitions and joint-ventures.
- Acquisition Analysis – proforma modeling of projects with a heavy emphasis on creating models that allow for flexibility of decisions and inclusion of different scenario analysis.
- Due Diligence – management or assistance in the compilation and review of vital due diligence documentation and communication with associated sellers and vendors. This includes developing and using relationships with local partners and service providers to expedite due diligence analysis, which will be managed through a transparent, technology based process.
- Economic Reports / Studies – research, supplemental reporting, and analysis for clients who need additional information to back-up proposed business plans. Often this will be a review of existing reports, compilation of findings, and research of additional information required to meet the goals and objectives of the client.
- Community Outreach – direct communication with and organization of various local stakeholders early in the investment process to determine project feasibility before real dollars are spent on due diligence. Community outreach is a critical element of any project and is distinct from the entitlement process. Urban One’s will leverage its public and private relationships to assess the viability of a development project and establish a positive impression on local community members, which have proven especially useful for a broad range of clients.
- Financial Prospectus – creation of detailed, yet digestible pitch books, loan memos, and PPM documentation for client use in marketing the project to financial representatives.
- Disposition Analysis – as either a singular project, or part of a greater portfolio, Urban One can create financial models to address the timing, pricing, and decision metrics for client disposition strategies.
- Construction Monitoring – in cases where a client might be best suited to leave the current developer or project manager in place, Urban One can provide oversight and advice as to the status and viability of the current construction progress and costs.
- Construction Dispute / Arbitration Advisor – review of current documents and materials to determine a client’s rights and position in potential disputes with partners and vendors.