PROJECT / CONSTRUCTION MANAGER POSITION
Urban One is currently seeking to fill a Project Manager position. Applicants should view the following job posting for more information:
Company: Urban One
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Project / Construction Manager (1099 Independent Contractor)
Deadline: May 20, 2016
Hours: Full Time – 40hrs/week (minimum)
Company Description: Urban One is a boutique Los Angeles based firm that specializes in the development and management of complex urban real estate projects for its own acquisitions, as well as for other property owners in a consulting capacity. We are passionate about real estate projects that create lasting change in communities. Our firm has a strong track record that has our reputation as problem solvers. Our projects are typically complex, controversial, and/or involve numerous, often competing interests. Learn more about Urban One at www.urbanone.com.
Notable current and future projects are:
- Redevelopment of an existing 90,000 sf shopping center in mid-city LA.
- Retail construction consulting and tenant coordination for a high-profile mixed-use (student housing over retail) project at the largest private university in LA.
- Acquisition and redevelopment of an existing 2,600 sf single-family home in Playa del Rey.
- On-call development/construction management and tenant coordination services for various shopping centers located throughout Southern Cal for a national public retail REIT.
- Mixed-use (creative office over retail) adaptive reuse project of historic building in downtown LA.
- New 125+ bed senior-housing/assisted-living development located just outside of LA.
The candidate will manage and oversee many aspects of the firm’s projects, including:
- Development & Construction Management: being the main point of contact for the company and capable of managing all aspects of the project(s) to ensure project(s) meets budget and schedule requirements, including, but not limited to, selection and management of all consultants; consultant contract negotiations; design coordination; estimating and budgeting; preparation of RFP’s and running contractor bid process; scoping/bid comparisons; value engineering; preparation of contracts; general contractor contract negotiations; preparation of schedules; coordination with City agencies to obtain permits and approvals; oversee general contractor and all consultants during construction process and run weekly meetings onsite; briefing of clients on progress; RFI & Submittal oversight; document control; change order review and processing; tracking of all project financials via cost report; pay application/invoice review; project closeout and punchlist.
- Tenant Coordination: if need be, having the ability to occasionally act as a tenant coordinator on commercial projects, including, but not limited to, LOI/Work Letter review; interaction with tenants, as well as tenants’ design team and contractor; review of tenant improvement drawings; tenant allowance review and processing; ongoing coordination throughout TI process.
Candidates applying for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in the area of Construction Management or Real Estate Development.
- Confident and capable of managing projects on their own with very limited direction.
- Highly motivated, resilient, organized and self-directed individual capable of taking on all facets of project management.
- Entrepreneurial and able to work in a small business environment.
- Ability to verbalize concepts and effectively pitch the company’s goals and services.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Project.
- Approximately 7-10 years of experience in construction management and/or real estate development.
- Experience with retail development is a plus.
- Experience with multi-family and/or senior-housing is also a plus.
Depends on experience. Note that this position will be a 1099 independent contractor/consultant and not a W2 employee, so no benefits will be offered by Urban One at this time.
Applicant Submission: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the subject line “Application – Project Manager Position” in the subject) or contact your local representative where this posting was listed.
Click here for a printable version of this job posting: